Ocena teme:
  • 0 Glas(ov) - 0 Povprečje
Strelski incident izgovor za zaostritev zakonodaje?
Komentar lokalca, v eni od privatnih diskusij. Osnovna ideja je, da na koncu vse to pripelje do štetja glasov in ko bodo Demokrati ugotovili da jim pada rejting, bo gun law pozabljen/odložen do nadalnjega...
----------------------
If the Dems prioritize gun laws over immigration reform, they will get neither, and will piss off enough people that they will lose the Senate and the presidency for the next decade. The gun proposals that are being proposed will not be passed, and in the remote possibility that they do, would quickly be found unconstitutional. Some of you folks just don't get it, your bigotry is clouding your picture of who the gun owners are. There are blacks, whites, hispanics, asian, men, women, gays, and straights. Some of those people feel pretty strongly about their right to defend themselves. Strongly enough that they have spent a fair amount of time and money on a pistol and training to use it. When Diane Feinstein leads the charge from the dems and says she wants to take that pistol and that right away, you better believe that some of them will vote against anyone who sides with Feinstein.

After the election when there was much gloating from the left and wailing and gnashing of teeth from the right, I think I posted somewhere here that the dems are at risk of undermining their gains out of arrogance and misreading the electorate. The folks who determine elections are not the party bots and cheerleaders, they are the ones who are more independent and distrust both parties. It is the party bots and cheerleaders who drag a party into extremism and cost it elections. Just as the tea party caused problems for the republicans, the gun control proponents have the potential to cause an equal amount of trouble for the left. People forget that at the time of Tarp and Bailouts, all the Tea Party talk seemed pretty popular and it sure seemed like it was going to be the wave that Republicans surfed to victory on. I think we all know how that worked out.
Odgovori

Prispevkov v tej temi
Strelski incident izgovor za zaostritev zakonodaje? - od - 06-01-2013, 11:45

Uporabnikov, ki berejo to temo: 1 Gost(ov)